Do you want to lead in-depth research on some of the biggest and most critical policy issues in the UK? Are you full of ideas about how evidence could be better used to improve health and care? Do you have a stellar background in data analysis, research and evidence gathering?
If the answer is yes, then this is your chance to join a leading health and care think tank as the Director of Research & Policy, a pivotal role offering unparalleled leadership opportunities. Lead a team of approximately 25 researchers in addressing critical issues in health and care policy, fostering innovative thinking, and generating evidence to shape improved policies and care practices. Engage in both internal and externally funded projects, challenging conventional wisdom and exploring under-researched themes. Bring your unique research interests to create a culture of excellence, driving progress in a time of exceptional challenges in health and care.
We are looking for someone to:
- Lead a diverse team of researchers using qualitative and quantitative methods to enhance understanding of changing health and care dynamics in the UK.
- Work on projects ranging from NHS funding to social care, contributing an evidence-based perspective.
- Champion independent and original insight, fostering a culture of excellence in the organisation.
- Collaborate with communications experts to support policy analysis and responsive policy work.
- Represent Nuffield Trust nationally and locally, build relationships with stakeholders, and communicate research insights effectively in the media.
- Contribute to the Leadership Team, engaging with the Board, and actively participating in corporate decision-making.
- Develop and lead the research strategy, plan capacity, generate project income and manage research projects.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A relevant background, for example, in academia, think tanks, or NHS data analysis.
- A strong understanding of quantitative and qualitative data and research with an ability to address complex questions in health care.
- An engaging and collaborative leadership style, emphasising humility, learning, and driving results through teamwork.
- The ability to represent the organisation effectively in various forums and communicate research insights to diverse audiences.
Join our high-performing and supportive team, working under the guidance of a new Chief Executive, to shape the future of health and care research at the Nuffield Trust. Apply now to be part of an organisation committed to innovative thinking and impactful research.
To apply for the role, please go to The Nuffield Trust Recruitment site and complete the online application process by noon on Friday 1 March. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 20 March and Thursday 21 March. If you have any questions about the role or process, please email email@example.com
Note: application questions are outlined in the Candidate Brief and should be uploaded as the ‘Cover Letter’.
Please note that the diversity monitoring questions are optional and will not be shared with the selection panel. The selection panel will only have access to your CV and your responses to the application questions.
Offers of employment will be conditional upon the receipt of two satisfactory references. Applicants must also have the right to work in the UK. For further information please visit the UKVI website.
The Nuffield Trust is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation. Please do indicate in the appropriate box on the Nuffield Trust Recruitment Site if you require any reasonable adjustments to the application process.
Strictly no agencies.