To apply, please go to the Nuffield Trust Recruitment site and complete the online application process by 5pm on Friday 24 January. Interviews will be held Thursday 30 January.Apply now
Do you have experience of managing a busy press office? Do you have experience of overseeing the communications elements of complex policy and/or research projects? Do you have an interest in health and social care policy?
The Nuffield Trust is looking for a high-calibre individual to provide day-to-day management of our press office, oversee our social media profile and work with colleagues in managing our relationships with external organisations, including parliamentarians and stakeholder groups.
You will be instrumental in helping the Trust in its aim to improve the quality of health care in the UK by taking on significant responsibility for the communications elements of many of our major work programmes.
You’ll spend your time:
- Raising the Nuffield Trust’s profile in the media by providing a first rate media relations and news information service, responding to media and other influencer audience enquiries and coverage, briefing journalists directly, drafting reactive statements and letters for publication, and ensuring media interventions are timely and high-quality
- Preparing spokespeople for broadcast interviews, arranging regular media training for staff, and contributing to communications team training sessions for staff
- Managing the Nuffield Trust’s Twitter profile and any other social media work, including overseeing the work of the Communications Assistant to ensure a steady stream of content for Twitter, including scheduled content out of hours
- Playing a leading role in promoting the Nuffield Trust to key external audiences through ensuring that parliamentary, government and other key influencer audiences, including the media, are informed of our research and other activities, and that they are aware of our policy recommendations.
We’d really like to meet you if you have:
- Experience of playing a key role in the management of a busy press office
- The ability to absorb, analyse and impart information quickly, with excellent written communications skills and news sense, including accurate use of English and the ability to write and proof concise, engaging content
- Demonstrable success in devising, implementing and evaluating strategic communications plans
- Sound experience of media and public affairs work, ideally in a public policy environment.
To learn more about the role, please download a copy of the candidate brief.
To apply, please go to The Nuffield Trust Recruitment site and complete the online application process by 5pm on Friday 24 January.
Please note that the diversity monitoring questions are optional and will not be shared with the selection panel. The selection panel will only have access to your CV and your statement of suitability for the post.
Offers of employment will be conditional upon the receipt of two satisfactory references.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as we are unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UKVI requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website.
The Nuffield Trust is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of ethnicity, gender, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital / civil partnership status or religion / belief.
Strictly no agencies.