The Nuffield/York portfolio contains the following papers:
- The elderly: Who cares? Who pays? Alan Maynard and John C. C. Smith
- Medical ethics: Health service efficiency and clinical freedom. Alan Williams.
- Valuing human life in health service policy. Gavin Mooney.
- Community care: its meaning and importance. K. G. Wright.
- Inequalities in health and health care. Julian Le Grand.
- Cost effective analysis in health care. Michael Drummond.
- Children in care: Planning without costs. Martin Knapp.
- Option appraisal in the NHS: A guide to better decision-making. R. L. Akehurst and M. J. Buxton.
- Does unemployment kill? Hugh Gravelle.
- The ethical imperative of clinical budgeting. Iden Wickings and James Coles.
Culyer AJ (1983) Nuffield/York portfolio. Nuffield Trust.