• 26/04/2018 • Chris Sherlaw-Johnson | Helen Crump | Sandeepa Arora | Holly Holder | Rob Meaker
This study evaluates a ‘one-stop’ primary care service within three London boroughs for older people with complex health care needs.
• 04/04/2018 • Nigel Edwards
With our new report today evaluating an intervention offering GP support to nursing homes, Nigel Edwards looks at why such initiatives are successful and the lessons they bring.
• 04/04/2018 • Chris Sherlaw-Johnson | Helen Crump | Natasha Curry | Dr Charlotte Paddison | Rob Meaker
The study indicates that providing residents of care homes with increased GP access and continuity of primary care more generally may help to reduce hospital admissions.
A new scheme piloted in four nursing homes has resulted in a 36% reduction in emergency admissions to hospital, with the biggest reductions towards the end of people’s lives.
Six interesting statistics on topics including NHS complaints, medication errors, life expectancy and emergency calls.
• 26/09/2014 • Dr Martin Bardsley | Theo Georghiou
We estimate hospital and non-hospital costs for people in the last 90 days of life.
• 25/09/2014 • Theo Georghiou
Theo Georghiou explores the cost of end of life care and the shift away from hospital settings.
• 02/06/2014 • Dr Adam Glaser
Dr Adam Glaser explores a recently published Nuffield Trust report on the routes that cancer patients take through the care system.
• 27/11/2013 • Dr Linda Patterson OBE
• 18/06/2013 • Natalia Calanzani