• 26/04/2018 • Chris Sherlaw-Johnson | Helen Crump | Sandeepa Arora | Holly Holder | Rob Meaker
This study evaluates a ‘one-stop’ primary care service within three London boroughs for older people with complex health care needs.
A new scheme piloted in four nursing homes has resulted in a 36% reduction in emergency admissions to hospital, with the biggest reductions towards the end of people’s lives.
• 04/04/2018 • Chris Sherlaw-Johnson | Helen Crump | Natasha Curry | Dr Charlotte Paddison | Rob Meaker
The study indicates that providing residents of care homes with increased GP access and continuity of primary care more generally may help to reduce hospital admissions.
• 04/04/2018 • Nigel Edwards
With our new report today evaluating an intervention offering GP support to nursing homes, Nigel Edwards looks at why such initiatives are successful and the lessons they bring.
• 26/09/2014 • Dr Martin Bardsley | Theo Georghiou
We estimate hospital and non-hospital costs for people in the last 90 days of life.
• 25/09/2014 • Theo Georghiou
Theo Georghiou explores the cost of end of life care and the shift away from hospital settings.
• 02/06/2014 • Dr Adam Glaser
Dr Adam Glaser explores a recently published Nuffield Trust report on the routes that cancer patients take through the care system.
• 27/11/2013 • Dr Linda Patterson OBE
• 18/06/2013 • Natalia Calanzani
This article assesses the effect of routinely delivered home-based end of life care on hospital use at the end of life and place of death.