• 01/10/2002 • Walter W Holland
A comparison of health research output in the UK and the US, with analysis of the structural, organisational and political influences.
In this speech, an interesting comparison is made between the ‘internal market’ years of the NHS and the American healthcare industry.
• 01/04/2002 • Professor Sheila Leatherman CBE | Douglas McCarthy
This chartbook is based on more than 150 published studies and reports about quality of care.
• 01/12/2000 • Mark Minford
This report looks at how other countries provide care for people with mental health problems.
This report examines how other countries provide care for people with mental health problems.
• 01/10/2000 • Professor Sheila Leatherman CBE | Professor Martin Marshall | Paul Shekelle | Robert Brook
This book examines the suggested policy of having more publicly available information about members of the medical profession.
• 01/09/2000 • Professor Sheila Leatherman CBE | Frank Dobson | Donna Shalala | Robert Brook | Sir Liam Donaldson
An open exchange between US and UK participants and collaborative analysis.
• 01/09/1999 • Helen Hogan
This report explores the contextual background to the expansion of community-based education in the US.
• 01/11/1998 • Patricia Day | Rudolph Klein | Frances Miller
This study examines how best to promote change in clinical practice and persuade doctors to use resources more efficiently.
• 01/10/1998 • Alan Maynard | Karen Bloor
This report illustrates that the US experience of managed care has similarities with the NHS but also major differences.