The Summit is the Nuffield Trust’s annual flagship event. Now in its fourteenth year, the 2022 Summit series took place over the course of one week, from 1st – 4th March.
This 2022 summit reflected on the pressing issues facing the NHS and social care, and what has changed since the Covid-19 pandemic. Our key themes centre around recovery, integration and reform of the health and social care system in the short, medium and long term, and applying an international lens to some of these issues.
Catch up on all sessions through the 'watch again' tab above.
Session 1 (Tuesday 1st March 10-11am):
In conversation with Amanda Pritchard
Nigel Edwards, Chief Executive, Nuffield Trust in conversation with Amanda Pritchard, Chief Executive, NHSE/I
Session 2 (Wednesday 2nd March 10-11am):
Health system recovery and resilience: international lessons for the NHS on Covid-19 recovery
- Chair: Sarah Reed, Senior Fellow, Nuffield Trust
- Maya Matthews, Head of Unit, Performance of Health Systems, European Commission
- Dr Jørgen Schøler, Medical Director, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
- Dr Ewout van Ginneken, Coordinator of the Berlin hub of the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies, Berlin University of Technology
Session 3 (Wednesday 2nd March 2-3pm):
Can integrated care policy ever succeed?
- Chair: Helen Buckingham, Director of Strategy & Operations, Nuffield Trust
- Sarah Scobie, Deputy Director of Research, Nuffield Trust
- Prof Nick Mays, Professor of Health Policy, and Dr Mary-Alison Durand, Associate Professor, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Sarah Pickup, Deputy Chief Executive, Local Government Association
- David Steel, Senior Associate, Nuffield Trust
- Thea Stein, Chief Executive, Leeds Community Heathcare NHS Trust
Session 4 (Thursday 3rd March 10-11am):
Sustainable models of general practice for improving patient access
- Chair: Dr Rebecca Rosen, Senior Fellow, Nuffield Trust and GP, Greenwich
- Charlotte Paddison, Senior Fellow, Nuffield Trust
- Dr Hasnain Abbasi, Primary Care Director, & Dr Omar Din, Managing Director, AT Medics
- Dr Isabel Hodkinson, Principal Clinical Lead for Integration, Tower Hamlets Together, and PCN Clinical Director, Bow Health Network
- Dr Stewart Smith, Primary Care Network Lead & GP Partner, St Austell Health Care
Session 5 (Friday 4th March 10-11am):
Health service reform: which policy levers can deliver change for today's NHS?
- Chair: Nigel Edwards, Chief Executive, Nuffield Trust
- Dr Tim Ferris, Director of Transformation, NHSE/I
- Patricia Miller, Chief Executive Designate, Dorset Integrated Care Board
- Stella Vig, Consultant Surgeon, Croydon Health Services