We want to help achieve a high quality health and social care system that improves the health and care of people in the UK.
We set out to do this by:
- improving the evidence base that leads to better care by undertaking rigorous applied research and policy analysis
- using our independence to provide expert commentary, analysis and scrutiny of policy and practice
- bringing together policy-makers, practitioners and others to develop solutions to the challenges facing the health and social care system.
We will be grounded in the practical implications of policy-making, working closely with NHS staff and policy-makers to identify solutions. Above all, we aim to be a trusted and respected voice at a time of unprecedented challenge to the NHS and social care system.
In everything we do we strive to be:
- independent and free from vested interests
- rigorous, robust and evidence-based in the work we undertake
- relevant, supportive but also challenging when we need to be
- open and engaging with all those we come into contact with
- an organisation that makes a difference to the quality of policy-making and practice in the UK.